Definition for word Introduction.
Introduction In`tro*duc"tion, n. [L. introductio: cf. F.
introduction. See Introduce.]
1. The act of introducing, or bringing to notice.
2. The act of formally making persons known to each other; a
presentation or making known of one person to another by
name; as, the introduction of one stranger to another.
3. That part of a book or discourse which introduces or leads
the way to the main subject, or part; preliminary; matter;
preface; proem; exordium.
4. A formal and elaborate preliminary treatise; specifically,
a treatise introductory to other treatises, or to a course
of study; a guide; as, an introduction to English
Explination we found from Wikipedia for Introduction.
- introduction, the introduction, intro, or the intro
(music), an opening section
of a piece
- an introduced, alien, exotic, non-indigenous, or non-native species, or simply
an introduction, is a species living outside
- in music
, the introduction
is a passage
or section which opens
or a separate piece
. in popular music
this is often
- multiple successive introductions
can have interactive
effects; the introduction
of a second
- ln an essay
, or book , an introduction
as a prolegomenon) is a beginning section which states
- introduction: introduction
(music. the introduction section
is optional, or may be reduced
to a minimum. if it is extended, it is, in general
2920 , title
now pay attention, 007: introduction
and casino royale
'54 , publisher
efilmcritic. com , accessdate
- pop songs
may have an introduction
and coda ('tag'), but these elements
are not essential
to the identity
of most songs. pop songs often
is a ceremony
in the house
of lords whereby
are 'introduced' to the existing
- information essential
to the main text is generally placed
in a set of explanatory
notes, or perhaps
in an introduction
We found definition for Introduction you search from dictionaries , wikipedia mentions for Introduction.
Similar meaning for word Introduction.