Definition for word description.
Description De*scrip"tion, n. [F. description, L. descriptio.
1. The act of describing; a delineation by marks or signs.
2. A sketch or account of anything in words; a portraiture or
representation in language; an enumeration of the
essential qualities of a thing or species.
Milton has descriptions of morning. --D. Webster.
3. A class to which a certain representation is applicable;
A difference . . . between them and another
description of public creditors. --A. Hamilton.
The plates were all of the meanest description.
Syn: Account; definition; recital; relation; detail;
narrative; narration; explanation; delineation;
representation; kind; sort. See Definition.
Explination we found from Wikipedia for description.
is one of four rhetorical modes
of discourse), along
, and narration
description. file:nepenthes smilesii
type specimen. jpg , type specimen
for nepenthes smilesii
, a tropical
- a species description
or type description. reason
is this the ancient meaning
of a type as a species, or the modern
one as a specimen? ,
- description: file:ipa chart
2005. png , a chart
of the full international phonetic
and re-organized from the official chart
- the name 'linnaeus' tells
who it was that first published
and name for this species
of sea snail; 1758 is the
- the description
of a species
of typical features
of the organisms, and how it differs
from other similar
- in the study
, description, or descriptive
linguistics, is the work of objective
- the web services description language
is an xml -based interface description language
that is used for describing
- see also : international standard bibliographic description nomenclature social cataloging applications union catalog references
- meta elements
can be used to specify
page description, keywords
and any other metadata
not provided through
We found definition for description you search from dictionaries , wikipedia mentions for description.
Similar meaning for word description.