Definition for word introduce.
Introduce In`tro*duce", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Introduced; p.
pr. & vb. n. Introducing.] [L. introducere, introductum;
intro within + ducere to lead. See Intro-, and Duke.]
1. To lead or bring in; to conduct or usher in; as, to
introduce a person into a drawing-room.
2. To put (something into a place); to insert; as, to
introduce the finger, or a probe.
3. To lead to and make known by formal announcement or
recommendation; hence, to cause to be acquainted; as, to
introduce strangers; to introduce one person to another.
4. To bring into notice, practice, cultivation, or use; as,
to introduce a new fashion, method, or plant.
5. To produce; to cause to exist; to induce. [Obs.]
Whosoever introduces habits in children, deserves
the care and attention of their governors. --Locke.
6. To open to notice; to begin; to present; as, he introduced
the subject with a long preface.
Syn: To bring in; usher in; insert; begin; preface.
Explination we found from Wikipedia for introduce.
- for an introduction
to wikipedia, see wikipedia:introduction . for guidelines
on the writing
sections, see wikipedia:lead
- an introduced, alien, exotic, non-indigenous, or non-native species, or simply
an introduction, is a species living outside
- date march
2012 date march
2011 an intro sequence
is a non-interactive introductory sequence
for a computer
- introduce yourself
no more 's second
in 1987. due to the limited availability
of the first
album, we care a lot
us to immortality
is the first compilation album
by extreme progressive metal
. it is a best-of collection
- chet baker introduces johnny
pace is an album
chet baker featuring vocalist johnny
in 1958 and
- let me introduce
is the first
full length album
from the swedish
band i'm from barcelona
listing: all songs written
- in an attempt
to re-establish populations, species
can – in some instances
– be re-introduced into an area, either through translocation
me to re-introduce myself, also known
is a collaborative mixtape album
by canadian rapper kardinal offishall
- 'let me introduce
you to the family' is a 1981 song by english
rock band the stranglers
. ther first single released
from la folie